ERPS Warranty Terms and Conditions
Electronic Rust Prevention Systems (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 89167832527 (“The Company”) warrants that the electronic rust prevention system documented herein covers the vehicle identified by this documentation, from metal perforation by rust for a period of ten (10) years from date of vehicle manufacture. “The Company” further warrants that the system components including electron generator and the electro-couplers shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase and any part found to be defective will be replaced free of charge.
Rust Prevention Warranty Coverage:
All painted metal surfaces of the main body of the vehicle are covered under the warranty. This warranty is subject to any existing manufacturer’s warranty and is limited to the aggregate total cost of repairs during the warranty period limited to the value of the vehicle as in Glasses Wholesale Value book at the time of the claim. If any rust through warranty was in effect at the time “The Company” warranty was issued, the claimant shall first look to that pre-existing warranty.
If no other such warranty exists and any rust through should occur during the term of the warranty, the owner must return the vehicle along with proof of system purchase and the current warranty certificate to an installer registered by “The Company” within 21 days of rust becoming apparent.
All repair claims must be approved in writing by “The Company” before any repairs are commenced. Any repairs will be carried out by a licensed tradesman, however “The Company” will not be responsible for exact paint colour matching, although every effort will be made to colour match the repair. Each perforation will be repaired only once. All vehicles are subject to a satisfactory inspection by a registered installer. “The Company” reserves the right to exercise their absolute discretion as to whether any one vehicle should receive a warranty.
Vehicle Component Exclusions include:
• engine and ancillary, auxiliary fittings, power drive train, exhaust, brake systems, electrical system, suspension, heating and cooling systems, all fittings and fastenings associated with above.
• any additional components attached to the manufactures original vehicle body and chassis whether genuine or aftermarket.
• components which are insulated from the vehicles main body, whether this insulation be rubber, paint or any other material. • commercial type vehicle’s load area and passenger compartment floor area.
• any damage which has resulted either deliberately or accidentally from collision, accident, perforation (other than rust), acid and / or corrosive material. Vehicle Exclusions include:
• any type which are used in a highly corrosive environment,
• extreme condition usage including but not limited to beach lifeguard, mining and construction, agricultural, carriage of hazardous materials or chemicals, professional fishing or regular beach use gauged as more than 20 days per year.
• vehicles in which the unit has been disconnected or is non functional in any way whether caused accidentally or deliberately.
• vehicles with existing conditions of rust (all vehicles are subject to inspection at the time of system installation by the registered installer).
• vehicles fitted with a non matching system. Matching systems are identified on the packaging or in the detailed list provided by the company. • vehicles must not carry or be immersed in salt water and must not carry corrosive chemicals.
Warranty Exclusions include:
1. surface rust.
2. any pre-existing rust prior to the installation of the electronic rust prevention system.
3. rust caused by repairs not having been carried out in accordance with the vehicle manufacture’s specifications or by electrical wiring alterations outside the vehicle manufactures specifications.
4. defects in any surface area (for example as a result of inadequate paint coating or water entrapment).
5. rust caused by water pooling or entrapment (e.g. behind rubber seals mouldings, etc)
6. any rust caused as a result of failing to reasonably maintain due care to the treated surface.
Ancillary Exclusions include:
• the loss of use of the vehicle
• rental car, hire car or loan car expenses.
• other incidental or consequential damages or claims.
• this warranty is non transferable.
Replacement Component Warranty Coverage:
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If any components of the system are found to fail during the warranty period and that failure be caused by defective materials or faulty workmanship on the part of “The Company” then the failure is to be confirmed by a registered installer. A claim for the component/s with copies of the owner’s proof of warranty documentation is to be forwarded to the head office of “The Company”. “The Company” after approving the claim will forward the component/s to the registered installer at “The Company” expense. The installation of the component/s will be at the owner’s expense and must be carried out by a registered installer if the corrosion warranty is to be maintained.
For this warranty to commence and remain in force:
1. The system must be installed correctly mechanically and electrically by an installer registered by “The Company” and by following the documented installation instructions. This installation is at the owner’s expense.
2. The warranty documentation must be completed correctly by the registered installer and the warranty activated by the vehicle owner. This is to be carried out on-line, details can be found at the top of this warranty document.
3. The owner must check monthly to ensure the system is functioning by confirming the red light on the electron generator is illuminated. If this light is not constantly illuminated the owner must inform a registered installer within 48 hours.
4. The vehicle and electronic system must be inspected within 14 days of the anniversary of the system installation, and the inspection certificate completed on-line by a registered installer. The inspection will be carried out at the owner’s expense.
Electronic Rust Prevention Systems (Australia) Pty. Ltd. reserve the right to change the detail or content of this document at any time.
FW-01 Warranty Document ERPS – Rev 6 – Revised 17/08/2017 – Pages 2 – Note: Check Document is still current before use. Copyright 2017 Electronic Rust Prevention Systems P/L All Rights Reserved